C-TRAN offers individuals several different day and monthly pass options, as well as 10-ride punch cards, which are all available for purchase at these convenient pass outlets:
- Vancouver Mall—C-TRAN Passenger Service Office (North lot)
- Fisher's Landing Transit Center—Passenger Service Office
- All Clark County Safeway Locations
- Clark College Bookstore—1800 E McLoughlin (360) 992-2149
- TriMet Customer Service Office—Pioneer Courthouse Square, Portland (503) 238-7433 (Express monthly passes only)
- All Clark County Fred Meyer locations
Note: Monthly passes go on sale around the 22nd of each month.
C-TRAN also offers special transit programs to companies who want to provide transit benefits for their employees who commute. Those options are explained a little further down this page.
- Pass-By-Mail is a C-TRAN service where customers purchase monthly passes and 10-ride punch cards by mail each month. For monthly passes, customers must send their order form and payment to C-TRAN, by the 10th of each month, to ensure pass requests are processed in time for the upcoming month. Punch cards may be ordered at any time because they are same-as-cash and can be used at any time. To obtain a Pass-By-Mail order form, download a PDF or call Customer Service at (360) 695-0123.
- Express Fares: Express yourself and GO! Travel anywhere, anytime service is available, using C-TRAN’s Express fare; available daily, monthly or annually. A special employer program is also available (read further for details)!
- Express Punch Cards: Purchase convenience with a 10-ride punch card. Each card provides 10, one-way rides, which are valid on all C-TRAN services, including Express buses to downtown Portland, and TriMet's MAX and buses.
Please Note: passengers must start their trip on C-TRAN when using this fare. TriMet drivers are unable to provide an equivalent transfer that allows continued travel on to C-TRAN Express routes.
- Express Day Pass: C-TRAN’s GoAnywhere Day Pass offers unlimited travel on all C-TRAN and TriMet services, and also includes the Portland Streetcar. The pass is valid for one full service day and can be purchased from any C-TRAN coach operator, Customer Service Office, or pass outlet.
- Express Monthly Pass: Purchase the monthly Express Pass at any C-TRAN Customer Service Office or pass outlet within Clark County.
- Express Annual Pass: Purchase the annual Express Pass and receive 12 months of service for the price of eleven. The pass allows full access to all C-TRAN bus routes, including Local and Limited routes, Express buses to downtown Portland, The Connector, and C-VAN (must be medically qualified to ride this service). Express fares are also valid on TriMet's MAX and buses, and the Portland Streetcar. When you purchase an annual pass, C-TRAN will send you one Express monthly pass for 12 months, conveniently through the mail.
C-TRAN's Annual Express Pass Program
Express yourself and GO!
C-TRAN's annual Express Pass Employer Program is available to employees of participating companies. Instead of a monthly pass, this program provides a convenient sticker that adheres to the front of an employee's photo ID badge—instantly transforming the ID badge into a handy annual pass! The pass is valid for an entire year, from September 1 through August 31 of the following year, and offers these incentives:
Convenience. Because it's an annual sticker that adheres to the employee's ID badge, there's no need to make a monthly purchase or fuss with a fare everyday.
Flexibility. Employers do NOT have to purchase the Express Pass for all employees; only those who will use it.
Choice. Employers can decide how much of the pass they're willing to subsidize for their employees; all, none, or somewhere in-between. Plus, you can choose to pay in quarterly installments. Employers that begin participation mid-year will be pro-rated.
Tax benefits. As a providing employer, you may be eligible for important tax incentives such as the Oregon Business Energy Tax Credit (BETC) available through the Oregon Department of Energy. Additional savings are available to both you and your employees when passes are paid for using pre-tax dollars. This can be set-up through one of these known service providers: WageWorks, Commuter Check and Tranben, Ltd. Please ask your tax advisor for more information.
How to Participate: If you are your company's Transit Coordinator or another appropriate representative and would like more information, please click on the following links:
- Program Requirements (for your files)
- Contract Agreement (PDF - print, sign and mail two copies to C-TRAN with your Order Form)
- Order Form (PDF - print and mail with both copies of your signed Contract Agreements)
Please send to:
- C-TRAN Express Pass
P.O. Box 2529
Vancouver, WA 98668-2529
Attn: Kate Ventura, Accounting; or
- Email: C-TRAN Express Pass
To speak with someone directly about our Express Pass program, please contact C-TRAN at (360) 696-4494.
C-TRAN's Annual ComPASS Program
Point your business in the right direction. Give your employees a ComPASS!
C-TRAN's annual C-Zone Employer Program helps companies provide their employees with an easy way to commute, while reducing the company's carbon footprint. ComPASS provides 12 months of bus transportation for the price of 11; offered as a convenient sticker that adheres to the front of the employer issued photo ID card.
ComPASS is valid for C-Zone travel only from September 1 through August 31 of the following year, and offers these incentives:
- Convenience: Because it's an annual sticker that adheres to the front of an employer issued photo ID badge, there's no need to make a monthly purchase or fuss with a fare every day.
- Flexibility: Employers do NOT have to purchase ComPASS for all employees; only those who will use it.
- Choice: Employers can decide how much of the pass they're willing to subsidize for their employees; all, none, or somewhere in-between. Participation that begins after the start of the contract year will be prorated.
- Tax Benefits: As a providing employer, you and your employees may be eligible for important tax incentives and savings. Please contact your tax advisor for more information.
The annual price per sticker is equal to the cost of a monthly C-Zone pass multiplied by 11 but is valid for 12 months of unlimited C-Zone travel. Employers who purchase stickers after September 16 will receive a prorated price for the remaining contract year for each sticker purchased.
How to Participate: If you are your company's Transit Coordinator or another appropriate representative and would like to start offering your employees ComPASS as a transit benefit, the contract and program requirements are now available.
Please send signed contracts to:
- C-TRAN ComPASS Program
PO Box 2529 Vancouver, WA 98668
Attn: Kate Ventura, Accounting; or
- Email: C-TRAN ComPASS Program
Once we receive your completed contract and order form, we'll process and deliver a fully-executed copy of the contract agreement, along with the requested number of stickers to your worksite. Stickers must be adhered to the front of an employer issued photo ID badge (driver's license or other form of ID is not accepted).
To speak with someone directly about the program, please call (360) 696-4494.