C-TRAN Mission Statement:
“Provide safe, reliable, efficient mobility choices.”
50 Year Vision Statement: (Adopted August 11, 2009)
- C-TRAN is recognized as one of the leading transit agencies in the country because we provide cost-effective, safe, accessible, convenient, innovative, reliable public transportation moving people within Clark County and throughout the southwest Washington/Portland region.
- C-TRAN empowers citizens by providing mobility options that connects them with places of employment, education, health care, shopping, entertainment, recreation, social and religious functions.
- C-TRAN is more than a bus system. As appropriate, C-TRAN is willing to provide traditional fixed route and bus rapid transit, trolley, streetcar, shuttles, paratransit, connectors, light and heavy rail, vanpool and ridesharing services.
- C-TRAN services contribute positively to the region’s sustainability, livability and economic vitality by helping manage traffic congestion, reduce dependence on foreign oil, lower carbon emissions, contain transportation costs for employers and employees, enable denser land use and development of urban areas, and provide essential transport to persons with no other means of travel.
- C-TRAN remains flexible and accountable as it grows and changes.
- C-TRAN is cost effective and is a trusted steward of the public’s resources.
- C-TRAN’s public transit network connects with transit systems throughout the region.
- C-TRAN is the preferred form of transportation because, in addition to its efficiency, riders experience a pleasant, affordable, safe and secure trip.