TRANSITIONS NEWSLETTER—December 2013
Service Adjustments: December 9, 2013
The following service adjustments will take effect on Monday, December 9, 2013:
- Route 47 Battle Ground Limited will adjust its southbound route to provide faster travel times between Battle Ground and Clark College. While this change does not affect passenger drop-off and pick-up locations, it will impact morning departures from Battle Ground by 10 minutes earlier than is currently scheduled;
- Route 71 departure times will adjust by 3–4 minutes to optimize transfer opportunities with other routes at 99th Street Transit Center and in downtown Vancouver; and
- Route 190 will adjust its first morning trip from the Andresen Park and Ride from 6:45 a.m. to 6:35 a.m.
New schedules will be available online. For more information, including trip planning assistance, please call C-TRAN’s Passenger Service Office at (360) 695-0123.
Service Change: January 26, 2014
The following changes will take effect on Sunday, January 26, 2014:
- Route 9 will depart five minutes later from the 99th Street Transit Center to optimize transfers with commuter routes;
- Route 19 schedules will adjustments to optimize transfer opportunities with other routes at the 99th Street Transit Center;
- Routes 37/38 will expand its service hours to start earlier and end later in the day;
- Route 44 will shift its 3:10 p.m. departure to 3:16 p.m. at Delta Park to better accommodate transfers with MAX. Additional arrival and departure times will adjust to further facilitate better connections with MAX; and
- Route 105:
- Arrival times will adjust by a few minutes on several trips to accommodate current winter drive times, which are longer this time of year. Departure times remain the same;
- From downtown Portland, three departure trips will be added at 7:22 a.m., 7:52 a.m., and 8:24 a.m. to provide 15 minute frequency;
- From downtown Vancouver, two departure trips will be added at 4:08 p.m. and 4:23 p.m. from Washington and 9th Street;
- Routes 134/199 will add a trip at 3:10 p.m. to address overcrowding; and
- Route 164 will shift its 5:00 p.m. trip to 5:05 p.m. to address overcrowding on the 5:10 p.m. trip.
New printed schedules will be available online starting in early January. Printed schedules will be available the week of January 19, 2014. For questions and trip planning assistance, please contact the C-TRAN Passenger Service Office at (360) 695-0123.
Christmas and New Year’s Days: C-TRAN provides Sunday service levels on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 (Christmas Day) and Wednesday, January 1, 2014 (New Year’s Day). Please refer to your route’s Sunday schedule for details. If your route doesn’t normally operate on Sundays, it will not provide service on these holidays.
No Reduced Service: C-TRAN will not provide any Reduced Service Days for the remainder of 2013, or during the first half of 2014. The next Reduced Service Day will not be until November 28, 2014 (day after Thanksgiving). For additional information, please contact the C-TRAN Passenger Service Office at (360) 695-0123.
Onboard Pasenger Surveys: Routes 3, 9, 19, and 25
C-TRAN staff recently conducted passenger surveys onboard routes 3 City Center, 9 Felida, 19 Salmon Creek, and 25 Fruit Valley. The purpose of these surveys was to provide feedback on the travel patterns and needs of current riders. While the onboard survey has been completed, we are still accepting feedback. Please visit www.c-tran.com and click the “contact us” button to submit a customer comment. Any possible service adjustments will most likely occur with the September, 2014 service change. Please stay tuned for further updates
CCAC Monthly Meeting: December Meeting Cancelled
In honor of the holidays, the C-TRAN Citizens Advisory Committee (CCAC) has cancelled their December meeting. The CCAC typically meets the last Thursday of every month from 5:30–7:30 p.m. at C-TRAN’s Administration Building. Their next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 30, 2014. The public is invited to attend. A portion of each meeting is set aside for comment. Please visit C-TRAN’s Website for updated agendas and meeting minutes.
NEW Trip Planner and Website Coming Soon!
Coming to your computer and smartphone in late 2013! C-TRAN’s new Website and Google based trip planner will provide you with detailed maps and trip planning assistance on the go. Look for both of them this fall.
Be in the Know
Don’t miss a thing! Start receiving important news updates like this through email or text alert. Visit us at www.c-tran.com and get your news to GO!
Bus Pass Winner
Is this your December bus pass number?
If so, you''ve won a free January 2014 bus pass! Call (360) 696-4494, ext. 7316, to claim your prize.